Many a times we find young children getting addicted to the television set and often complaining about how they cannot eat without watching a cartoon program. Technology has come a long way and has paved way into toddlers lives too through cartoons on YouTube and YouTube kids. But is it really a great option to let your children grow even more dependent on gadgets? Let us look at the pros and cons of letting nursery children use technology in the current scenario.
- Introducing gadgets to nursery children will definitely improve their learning capacities as great audio & visual content is available on the internet to learn rhymes and watch cartoons.
- Letting children watch cartoons and rhymes on YouTube and other OTT platforms is much better than letting them watch cartoon channels because of the amount of advertisements in Tv. Advertisers strategize their ads in a way that children get hooked to them and you to buy whatever is shown in the ad. For example, if a child sees an ad of a particular xyz chocolate recurrently, he will very likely compel you to buy it for him whenever you take him to the super market. Where as on OTT platforms there very minimum amount of such ads to addict the children.
- Scientists say that kids who use gadgets have a better quality of eye-hand coordination compared to those who don’t use gadgets.
- Children learn skills like communicating and storytelling better when using gadgets since they try to imitate cartoon characters.
- Using gadgets at for nursery children could cause several health issues like eye sight and back pain even in toddlers. This is exactly why find many young kids today at the ophthalmologist’s office.
- Using gadgets for a long time is not a great for nursery children’s health because it might increase laziness among kids. Instead of focusing on gadgets, children should be encouraged to play outdoor sports and games along with other kids to enhance their social interactions and physical health.
- Many nursery children eat mindlessly while watching cartoons which may cause obesity among them. Children should always be taught from a young age to eat mindfully with all their senses directed towards the food.
- Psychologists say that nursery children whose screen time is high are prone to depression and anxiety compared to those who don’t rely much on gadgets.
Being able to use technology is a must for children this age but at what cost? I feel, nursery children should be allowed to use gadgets but within a strictly set time period. Parents need to be very strict with the gadgets use and must have gadget free hours post 6pm in order to reduce their child’s dependency on gadgets.
If you’re a parent looking for online learning website for your child studying in nursery or kindergarten, we highly recommend you to checkout our website www.digitalteacher.in. We provide attractive audio visual content to teach your child rhymes and other lessons at a very affordable price.
We hope you liked this article and for more such articles, follow our blog.